I am giving the Windows 7 Theme Sharing feature a go.
I wanted a theme that brings the sunny UK weather to my laptop and gets me excited about my summer holiday (or vacation for those stateside).
I got some great wallpapers from Interfacelift and icons from vistaicons.
- Right-click a space on the desktop and choose “Personalization”
- Set your sounds, wallpapers (choose multiple images for a cool desktop slideshow) and desktop icons (this is through a link in the sidebar)
- Save the theme for yourself or right-click the unsaved theme and choose “save theme for sharing”
- This saves the images into a .themepack file that can be transferred to a different PC or shared online
- The file is actually a compressed folder and can be opened by a Zip program such as 7-zip (works wonderfully in 7 x64) if you want to check the contents out first!
- The file just needs to be double-clicked and the theme will be applied.
- Download my Beach theme from my skydrive
- Computer & Recycle Bin Icons – Miriam Moshinsky http://www.klukeart.com/
- Personal Folder Icon – Aha Soft Team http://www.aha-soft.com/
- 15 High-res 1280×800 Widescreen Wallpapers – All from Interface Lift except the standard Windows 7 Betta Fish. Hopefully I will get around to crediting the individuals when I track them down